By Karen L. Edwards, RT3.
RT3 is made up of progressive, forward-thinking roofing industry thought leaders who are passionate about the advancement of the roofing industry. They frequently use their own time and expenses to travel to conferences to present and share their knowledge to help improve the industry overall.
In its 15th year, the Best of Success Conference is an intensive two-day conference that presents new and improved ways to run roofing businesses for both commercial and residential applications. We were excited to have RT3 member Jill Bloom from BNP Media as the conference host as well as eight members on the stage throughout the event, sharing their knowledge and experiences.
Presentations from members included:
- Doing Well by Doing Good – Charles Antis, CEO & Founder of Antis Roofing & Waterproofing
- From Google to Approval – Anna Anderson, CEO, Art Unlimited and Ryan Groth, Founder & CEO of Sales Transformation Group
- Smart Growth: avoiding the Legal Pitfalls when Scaling Your Company – Trent Cotney, Cotney Construction Law
- Your Image and the Power of Marketing – Victor Smolyanov, CEO/Owner, Victor’s Roofing
- Panel: Career Wins and Losses – featured panelists included Steve Little, President/Head Coach, KPost Company and Gregg Wallick, President & CEO, Best Roofing
Roofing Contractor Magazine’s Roofing Contractor of the Year was awarded to RT3 member Ken Kelly and his company, Kelly Roofing. The Contractor of the Year award is a once-in-a-lifetime achievement that honors contractors who are committed to giving back to their community, have outstanding leadership, and bring innovation to the industry.
The RT3 Innovator of the Year inaugural award was awarded to RT3 members Curtis Sutton and Michelle Boykin of Rackley Roofing. This award was created to nationally recognize a Roofing Contractor that has contributed to the advancement of the roofing industry through technical innovation and/or product development.
Stay up-to-date on the latest industry news and innovations when you sign up for the RT3 Smart Brief e-newsletter.