By Karen L. Edwards.
With so many software solutions on the market, it can be hard to figure out which one is right for your business.
So, you’re at the point where your business would benefit from implementing an estimating software solution. How do you know which one is the right solution? We turned to experts from RT3 member Estimating Edge to offer some tips on what you should be looking for and what questions you should be asking.
Adam Oaks, CEO at Estimating Edge, said, “Some solutions will portray that they can do just about everything. That of course is never the case. Some solutions try to be everything to everyone, but that usually means they are just OK at a lot of things, but not that great in any one area.”
He advises that you look for best in breed solutions – ones that work well with the other software that you might be using to run your business while steering clear of those that offer add-ons. “A good example might be an HR solution that also tries to handle your accounting with an add on module.”
Adam says that contractors should ask the following questions when selecting a solution:
- Is this software the best for my company’s specific need?
- Does it have an open scalable platform?
- Is the software scalable and does it allow employees to access and work virtually?
- Does it fit the roofing company’s employees, processes or workflows?
- Does the software company have experience in commercial roofing?
- Does the software company offer knowledgeable support teams, training and service?
- What does the industry say about the software?
- Does the software company have a history in the industry?
- Will the software fit our budget?
- Is it Best of Breed?
In their free e-Book, Estimating Edge dives deeper into each of these questions to help you understand why you should be asking a question and what each one means for your business.
Learn More about Estimating Edge, visit their RCS Directory.
Get the latest industry news delivered to your inbox when you sign up for the SmartBrief e-newsletter.